23 June 2014

Breakfast at Tiffanys




So it’s been a while since my last post, but I thought it was time to come out of the exam stone and share the latest in my sassy lifestyle. I apologise in advance, this is probably my first and last attempt, at a girly type blog involving fashion and beauty tips.
On Saturday (21/06/14), I had an 18th Birthday party, which was fancy dress, I love a fancy dress party just because it means that all the guests including yours truly has to think outside the box to avoid being the same. The last party I went to, involving fancy dress I paid tribute to Velma from Scooby Doo, this time I went for one of my style icons. Audrey Hepburn. A lady whose fashion and style I have admired for a long time. In this blog, I shall go step by step into how I re-created the look and hopefully not bore you to tears.



Outfit

The Outfit itself was easy to re-create, firstly because I had a dress with a pearl collar which meant I had a dress and the pearls covered. The dress itself was from Next, costing around £45 and was in the 2010 range. Next, accessories that Hepburn wore during her role in Breakfast at Tiffany's; these purchases came from online, EBay to be exact. The gloves and cigarette holder came together, whilst the sun glasses came separately but all got to my location in great time. The shoes were Black, also from Next, costing £22.

Hair/Make up


The outfit was easy because I knew exactly what was needed to be bought, but what I found tricky was the recreating the iconic hair and make-up. This was done with the assistance of my Sister, Niamh, who unlike myself has some skill in doing hair. To recreate the hair, I went into Superdrug; purchasing a doughnut which essentially is a spongy template to assist in up-do hair styles. To get the hair, we did a high pony tail, which was at the top of my head, we put the doughnut through the pony tail. We then flattened the pony tail into and around the doughnut, using tiny clips to keep the hair style into position. Once this was complete, we purchased in Peacocks a hair accessory similar to Audrey's and placed it on the front of the bun in central position. To complete the Hepburn's hair we sprayed quite a bit of hairspray, probably killing the ozone layer in the process. The make-up element of the look, I did myself because I can actually do that. To do so, I stayed in Superdrug and spent quite a lot in the process, which didn't seem to go down with the payer, in this case my Dad. Oops. I purchased Superdrug’s own highlighting concealer putting it around the eyes, cheeks and around my lips which would prevent any if errors with lippy being noticed. I’m not a user of Foundation, so in all circumstances I use BB cream, usually L’Oreal or Boots own with this in mind I put this on, in area below the concealer parts and slightly on top of those areas. Audrey’s eyes are what always grabs attention, so it was important for me to do my eyes justice too. To do this I used a Rimmel liquid eyeliner, going from the corner of each eye to the outer part to get a flick. I used a brown and black pencil eyeliner, using it on the top and bottom tear ducts and on my bottom lashes.  Then I used mascara which in this case again was Rimmel’s own. Using 5 coats all together on both the top/bottom of my lashes. This in my mind gave me the dramatic but classy lashes that Audrey had. The lips, I used L’Oreal again and used their new range of lipsticks I used a light, almost baby pink shade and put it on my lips. Finally using a lip-gloss identical to the lipsticks colour to create a shine.


Fliss & I aka Pirate & Hepburn
And that was the Breakfast at Tiffany’s look completed, it took around 1-2 hours to do but was worth it as I felt that I had done the Hepburn justice. Hope it wasn’t too boring to read. On the other-hand, the party was fab and had a great time. Thank you to Fliss, the host and one of my best friends. If you like you can follow her blog too; http://insideagirlsworld.blogspot.co.uk/

2 comments

  1. I really love this look on you, it looks so classy! Also, what is BB cream - everyone always talks about this and I'm only aware of the uses of foundation and primer at the moment haha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, I really appreciate that! BB cream, is a combination of all the possible creams so a tinted moisturiser, concealer and foundation its just a lighter form of coverage which doesn't give the impression of you wearing too much make up. I prefer it as I don't like foundation as I don't like foundation due its potential to be too heavy. x

    ReplyDelete

© The Cornerstone for Thoughts! | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig